No roundabout information should be acceptable. Below are some information that you should find out from a Chow Chow dog breeder so that you can make an informed decision.
What You Should Look For in a Chow Chow Breeder
- Find Chow Chow breeders that are registered and licensed with a Kennel Club. They should be knowledgeable and forthright, but not pushy.
- Inquire about how often the dam is bred, because this can give you a good indication of whether or not the breeder is in the business solely for profit.You should find one that doesn’t try and persuade you into adopting a dog. Good ones will make sure the dog is suitable to you and your lifestyle.
Information to Know From Chow Chow Breeders, and Expectations You Should Have
- The first thing you should ask the Chow Chow dog breeder is if they have a pedigree for the dog. Avoid any breeder who doesn’t provide you with papers. Reputable ones will always be able to provide pedigree sheets.
- Inquire about health tests performed on both parents of the litter; a legitimate one will give you a veterinarian certification.
- Ask the breeder what your guarantees are before you adopt. Can a puppy be returned? Never get a pup without first seeing the parents, because that gives you a good indication of how the Chow Chow puppies will grow up to be.
- Find breeders who socialize their animals (see Chow Chow Training).
- Ask if vaccines were given to it. Finally, get information on a suitable diet, grooming and general care habits.
Follow these tips and you’ll adopt a good Chow Chow puppy.